On 16 May 2012, QEMRF held the first of their Insight Series at the XXXX Ale House Theatre. The evening started with pre-clinical use of blood from Dr Dan Bodnar, who is trialling the use of blood at the side of the road. The next presenter, Dr John Paul Tung, looked at sheep models in order to ascertain effective use of blood. Dr Catherine Hurn spoke of protocols she is involved with at the RBWH in optimizing massive transfusion and the grand finale was an incredibly entertaining lecture from Prof James Isbister on the use of blood throughout history and the difficulties with current methodologies. To view the evening, please visit http://mediavisionz.com.au/qemrf/2012/
Search the Blog
- Heroes work the front line in A&E on another drunken Australia Day
- EMA Journal Silver Anniversary Issue
- Handwashing research to underpin new Australian Standard
- INSIGHT SERIES – Paediatric Head Trauma: Translating Practice from an Evidence Based Paradigm
- Insight Series – Paediatric Head Trauma: Translating practice from an evidence based paradigm.