Queensland will be regarded as a world leader in emergency medicine research and will be the location of choice for the brightest minds in emergency medicine.
The Queensland Emergency Medicine Research Foundation awards Grants and Fellowships to support research relating to the practice of Emergency Medicine in Queensland.
Our purpose is to support high quality research directed at improving the care of patients in Emergency Departments and to develop emergency medicine research capacity in Queensland.
- Fund high quality, robust, ethical emergency medicine research
- Advance the field of Emergency Medicine through research for the benefit of patients
- Promote the development of a research culture in Queensland Public Hospital Emergency Departments
- Raise public awareness of emergency medicine research
- Attract national and international interest in Queensland Emergency Medicine
- Facilitate and provide education and training in emergency medicine research
- Raise funds to support emergency medicine research
With over $13 million invested to date, QEMRF supports research that improves clinical practice and provides real benefits for patients, the health system and the economy.
The Queensland Emergency Medicine Research Foundation is registered as a public company limited by guarantee with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) and has been granted endorsement for charity tax concessions from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).