In 2007 QEMRF was established with the support of Queensland Health and the Queensland Government to allocate grants to individuals and project groups interested in improving the care of patients in Emergency Departments in Queensland.
It emerged as a government strategy responding to broader issues of high workloads in emergency department and the increasing demands of treating large numbers of critically ill patients.
The Queensland Emergency Medicine Research Foundation is the registered business name of Queensland Emergency Medicine Research Foundation Ltd ACN 128 057 170 as trustee of the Queensland Emergency Medicine Research Foundation ABN 37 814 620 674, a trust (“Trust”) established as a charitable institution and health promotion charity.
The Queensland Emergency Medicine Research Foundation Ltd is registered as a public company limited by guarantee with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) and has been granted endorsement for charity tax concessions from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
The QEMRF governing document is our constitution, and our Board of Directors has ultimate responsibility for what we do.
In recognition of their efforts in negotiating and establishing the Queensland Emergency Medicine Research Foundation, the Board would like to acknowledge and thank the following people and representative groups:-
- Mr Rupert Tidmarsh, Senior Industrial Officer, Salaried Doctors Queensland.
- Ms Jenny Cannon, QPSU Advocate, Queensland Public Sector Union.
- Mr Kerry Gallagher, in his capacity as the former Chief Executive Officer, Australian Medical Association of Queensland.
- Dr Sylvia Andrew-Starkey, in her capacity as the former Chair of The Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (Queensland faculty).
- Dr Michael Sinnott, Senior Staff Specialist Emergency Medicine, Princess Alexandra Hospital.
The Queensland Emergency Medicine Research Foundation is governed by a constitution, with ultimate responsibility for what we do lying with our Board of Directors.
The QEMRF Shield Logo
The QEMRF logo is based on the core elements of emergency medicine, foundation and innovation:
- Emergency Medicine: symbolised through the international ‘white cross’ on green
- Foundation: the shield symbolises strength, integrity, structure, support and a perception of an institution
- Innovation: Is symbolised by the dynamic, forward facing perspective of the shield.