Our thanks go to QEMRF committees who give tirelessly to the Foundation.
Our continued success would not be possible without their support.
Finance Risk and Audit Committee:
The Finance, Risk and Audit Committee advises the Board on financial reporting, audit and risk management matters.
Mr Jason Currie (Chair) BSc, LLB, MIP, GCPA
Program Manager at Vanguard Health
Jason Currie has worked in the healthcare improvement and innovation space for more than a decade and is currently a Program Manager in Vanguard Health. Jason has delivered statewide improvement programs, established support programs for medical research, provided policy advice to various government departments, and worked as a Patent Examiner in IP Australia. Jason has a passion challenging the status quo, for fostering innovation and reducing the time delay between research creation and practice change.
Ms Susanne Le Boutillier BA, GDIR Bus, GradCert Bus, GAICD
Senior Director, System Governance Support at Department of Health Queensland
Susanne Le Boutillier is a health executive focused on building strong leadership, improving systems and delivering outcomes. During Susanne’s more than 25 years in Queensland Health she has worked in corporate level human resources and industrial relations, led Medical Workforce Advice and Coordination (MWAC), Clinical Education and Training Queensland (ClinEdQ), and the Queensland Health Reform Transition Office (QHRTO). Ms Le Boutillier has broad experience in achieving change, stakeholder engagement, negotiation, managing programs, mitigating risk and developing and implementing strategy.
Mr Paul Monaghan
Director Corporate Services at Greenslopes Private Hospital
Paul Monaghan is an experienced financial management and corporate services executive, having worked initially in auditing and accounting, then moving into increasingly more diverse senior management positions of health care and non-government organisations. Paul currently is the Director Corporate Services, Greenslopes Private Hospital. Paul holds Fellow status of CPA Australia and ACHSM and has had long term interest in the education and development of managers and has held leadership roles in these professional bodies. In recognition for his contribution to university teaching, he is also an Adjunct Professor of QUT School of Public Health. Paul’s teaching topics included financial administration and risk management.
Chief Executive Officer at Queensland Council of Social Service
Mark Henley is Chief Executive Officer of the Queensland Council of Social Service (QCOSS) – Queensland’s leading force for social change to eliminate poverty and disadvantage. Mark’s professional background is in accountancy. He commenced with the Spinal Injuries Association, as Chief Accountant in 1989 and then become Chief Executive Officer from 1999 to 2011. Mark steered the Association through its greatest period of growth, influence of systemic community change and development of services. Mark has more than 20 years in community service and a commitment to building services, independence, dignity and better outcomes for people experiencing poverty disadvantage. During this time he worked with government, business and the broader community. He is a graduate member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and a Fellow Certified Practising Accountant.
The Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC):
Please see the Terms of Reference for more information.
The role of the SAC is to provide strategic advice to the Board of Directors on the scientific direction for the Foundation. The Chair is appointed by the Board.
The Strategic Grants Committee (SGC):
Please see the Terms of Reference for more information.
The SGC oversees the entire peer review process for QEMRF and is accountable directly to the Trustees of the Foundation. The SGC has responsibility for peer review of the Project Grants, Program Grants, Fellowship Schemes and Capacity Building Grants. The Committee members are composed in relation to a grant round and the expertise they bring to the Committee for the applications received. The Chair is appointed by the Board.
The Research Evaluation Panel (REP):
Please see the Terms of Reference for more information.
The REP has responsibility for peer review of the Staff Specialist and Trainee Grant Schemes and is accountable to the SGC. Members of the REP may vary with each round, depending on the expertise required. The Chair is appointed by the Board.
Committee Members and Expert Reviewers:
- Dr Jason Acworth Paediatric Emergency Physician; Director, Paediatric Emergency Medicine; A/Prof School of Medicine, University of Queensland; Children’s Health Queensland, Hospital and Health Service.
- A/Prof Peter Aitken MBBS, FACEM, EMDM Eminent Senior Staff Specialist, Emergency Department, The Townsville Hospital; A/Prof, Anton Breinl Centre for Public Health, James Cook University, Queensland; Senior Medical Coordinator – Disaster Management; Emergency Management Unit, Office of the Chief Health Officer, Queensland.
- Dr Ruth Barker MBBS, MPH, FRACP Staff Specialist in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, Mater Children’s Hospital.
- Dr Diana Battistutta BSc, BSc(Hons), PhD Statistical Epidemiologist, Head of Research Methods Group, Institute of Health & Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology.
- A/Prof Anthony Bell MBBS, FACEM, MBA, MPH Clinical Lead NEST and NEAT Taskforce, Queensland Health; Chair, Statewide Clinical Network and Statewide Emergency Department Network(Queensland); Chair Annual Scientific Meeting 2015, Australasian College for Emergency Medicine; Associate Professor, School of Medicine, the University of Queensland.
- A/Prof Mike Bennett Director, Department of Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine, Prince of Wales Clinical School, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales.
- Dr Maree Boyle B Arts (Hons 1st class), PhD Senior Lecturer, Griffith Business School, Griffith University.
- Prof Anthony Brown MB ChB, MRCP (UK), FRCS (Ed), FACEM, FFAEM (UK), FRCP (UK), FCEM (UK) Senior Staff Specialist, Department of Emergency Medicine, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital; and, Professor, Discipline of Anaesthesiology and Critical Care, School of Medicine, University of Queensland.
- Prof Simon Brown BMedSci, MBBS, PhD, DA, FACEM Professor in Emergency Medicine, University of Western Australia, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia and Head, Centre for Clinical Research in Emergency Medicine, Western Australian Institute for Medical Research.
- Dr Ellen Burkett MBBS (Hons), FACEM Staff Specialist, Department of Emergency Medicine, Princess Alexandra Hospital.
- Prof Peter Cameron MBBS, ECFMG (US), FRACS, FACEM Professor Emergency Medicine, Monash University and Academic Director Emergency and Trauma Centre, The Alfred Hospital.
- Giles Nicholas Cattermole, Head of Student Ministries, Christian Medical Fellowship (UK).
- Dr Kevin Chu MBBS, MSc Clinical Research Design & Statistical Analysis, FACEM Director of Research and Senior Staff Specialist, Department of Emergency Medicine, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
- A/Prof Alan Clough School of Public Health, Tropical Medicine and Rehabilitation Sciences and School of Indigenous Australia Studies, James Cook University (Cairns Campus).
- Dr Brian Creese, Principal Consultant, Regulatory Consulting and Submission, Kendle Pty Ltd.
- A/Prof Julia Crilly, Nurse Researcher, Emergency Department Clinical Network; RCCCPI, Griffith University.
- Dr Louise Cullen FACEM Senior, Staff Specialist, Department of Emergency Medicine, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
- A/Prof Suhail Doi, A/Prof Clinical Epidemiology, School of Population Health, University of Queensland.
- Dr Mieke Van Driel, MD, Dip Tropical Medicine MSc, PhD, FRACGP Professor and Chair in General Practice, The University of Queensland; Head, Academic Discipline of General Practice, The University of Queensland.
- Dr Rob Eley BSc MSc PhD FSB CBiol Academic Research Manager,,Emergency Medicine Research Program, University of Queensland, Princess Alexandra Hospital; Adjunct Assoc Prof, Centre for Rural and Remote Area Health, a jointly badged centre of The University of Southern Queensland and The University of Queensland.
- A/Prof Diann Eley BSc MSc PhD MBBS Program Research Coordinator, MBBS Post-Graduate Coordinator, Honours Coordinator, and Chair School of Medicine Internal Ethics Committee at The University of Queensland.
- Prof Daniel Fatovich MBBS, FACEM, PhD Professor/Head, Centre for Clinical Research in Emergency Medicine at The University of Western Australia
- Prof Gerry Fitzgerald MBBS, MD, BHA, FACEM, FRACMA, FCHSE Professor of Public Health (Emergency and Disaster Management), Faculty of Health, Queensland University of Technology.
- Prof John Fraser MBChB, PhD, DA, MRCP (UK), FFARCSI, FRCA, FCICM Eminent Staff Specialist in Intensive Care Medicine, The Prince Charles Hospital; Director, Critical Care Research Group, University of Queensland; Director, Intensive Care Unit, St Andrews War Memorial Hospital.
- Prof Ian Frazer MB, ChB (Edinburgh), MD (Melbourne) Director, Diamantina Institute for Cancer, Immunology and Metabolic Medicine (DI).
- Dr Jeremy Furyk MBBS, FACEM, MPH&TM, MSc Clinical Trials Staff Specialist, The Townsville Hospital.
- Dr Yuri Gilhotra MBBS (Hons), FRACP (PEM) Staff Specialist Paediatric Emergency Medicine, Mater Children’s Hospital.
- Dr Jaimi Greenslade, Research Fellow, Royal Brisbane & Women’s Hospital; Senior Lecturer (Adjunct) at School of Medicine, University of Queensland and Associate Professor (Adjunct) at School of Public Health and Social Work, Queensland University of Technology.
- A/Prof Carmel Hawley MBBS (Hons), MMedSci, FRACP Staff Nephrologist, Department of Nephrology, Princess Alexandra Hospital and Director Haemodialysis Services, Princess Alexandra Hospital.
- Dr Peter Isdale AM PhD, BA (Hons), MAICD Managing Director, Intergyre Pty Ltd., Chairman, The Wetlands and Grasslands Foundation, Chairman, Ecoreps Pty Ltd, Chairman, ReefCSI.org
- Dr Susan Jordan, Research Fellow, School of Population Health, University of Queensland.
- A/Prof Amy Hideko Kajo, Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine, Harbor – UCLA Medical Centre (USA).
- Dr Gerben Keijzers MBBS, MEpi, FACEM Staff Specialist, Gold Coast Hospital Emergency Department and A/Prof Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine, Bond University.
- Prof Anne-Maree Kelly MBBS, MD, MClinEd, FACEM Professor of Emergency Medicine, Western Health and The University of Melbourne, Director, Joseph Epstein Centre for Emergency Medicine Research.
- Dr Jonathon Knott, Deputy Director Emergency Services, Royal Melbourne Hospital.
- Prof Peter A Leggat JP, MD, PhD, DrPH, FAFPHM, FACTM, FFTM (ACTM), FFTM RCPS (Glasg), FACRRM, FAICD, FSIA, FACE, FRGS, ACPHM (CMSA), WSO-CSE, MRO (AUS & USA) Professor/Head, School of Public Health, Tropical Medicine & Rehabilitation Sciences. James Cook University Douglas Campus Townsville, Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Academic Advisor-Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Health & Molecular Sciences.
- A/Prof Ed Oakley MBBS, FACEM Paediatric emergency medicine specialist, Director of Emergency Medicine, Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne and honorary research fellow at Murdoch Children’s Research Institute.
- Dr Matthew O’Meara MBBS, FRACP Director, Emergency Department, Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick, New South Wales.
- Dr Andrew Page, Senior Lecturer, Discipline of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Population Health, University of Queensland.
- Dr Fiona Reilly MBBS, FACEM Staff Specialist – Paediatric Emergency Department, Mater Children’s Hospital and Staff Specialist Emergency Department, Holy Spirit Northside Hospital.
- Prof Paul Scuffham RPN, BA, PGDip Econ, PhD Professor – Health Economics, School of Medicine, Griffith University.
- A/Prof Jamie Seymour BSc ( Hons), PhD Lecturer, School of Marine and Tropical Biology, James Cook University.
- Dr Ogilvie Thom MBBS, FACEM, Grad Cert Clin Res Methods Senior Staff Specialist and Director of Emergency Medicine Research, Redcliffe Hospital and Principal Investigator Emergency Medicine Research Critical Care Research Group, The Prince Charles Hospital.
- Dr Joseph Ting MBBS, FACEM, BMedSci, Grad Dip Epi, PG Dip Clin Trials Staff Specialist Emergency Physician Mater Public Hospital.
- Dr Greg Treston BMedSci, MBBS, DTMH (Lon), DIMCRCS (Ed), FACEM, FACRRM Staff Specialist in Emergency Medicine, Redcliffe Hospital.
- Prof Marianne Wallis RN, BSc (Hons), FRCNA, PhD Professor of Nursing, School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of the Sunshine Coast and Visiting Research Fellowship with Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service.
- Dr Kerrianne Watt, Senior Lecturer, Injury Epidemiology, Nutrition, Environment, Injury and Disease, School of Population Health, University of Queensland.
- Dr Cameron Willis, School of Population Health and Clinical Practice, University of Adelaide.
- A/Prof John Younger, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan.