In 2014, QEMRF established the Research Support Network to provide leadership, support and collaborative opportunities for emergency medicine research professionals. By creating an environment that encourages quality research, data sharing and facilitates translation to clinical practice, QEMRF are helping develop better ways to save lives in medical emergencies.
The Research Support Network:
- aims to provide at least six Research Development Manager Positions supplying research support across Queensland public hospitals and emergency services for three years;
- fosters relationships between individuals and teams in an open forum, creating support networks of professionals with a common purpose;
- encourages and supports excellence by coordinating multi-site projects, thereby improving productivity, research activity, and research outputs;
- creates opportunities for collaboration amongst emergency medicine researchers across disciplines, Hospitals and Health Services, and research organisations;
- offers centrally-based management via QEMRF staff and offices.
Currently in a pilot phase, three initial Research Support Network pilot hubs are being established to assist in making informed strategic decisions on a proposed additional three Mobile Research Development Manager positions. The graphic below illustrates how the pilot will operate and the hospitals/institutions involved for this phase. The aim is to expand the network to include additional Queensland Hospital and Health Service sites in the future, including but not limited to:
North and West Queensland: Mt Isa Hospital, Mackay Hospital, The Townsville Hopsital, Cairns Hospital, Rockhampton Hospital
Brisbane Region: QEII Hospital, Redland Bay Hospital, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Logan Hospital, The Mater Adult Hospital, Prince Charles Hospital, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
Other: Queensland Ambulance Service, Retrieval Services (Queensland Health)
QEMRF acknowledges the support and funding received from the Queensland Government through Queensland Health
For further information please contact Lisa van den Berg – Manager, Research Support Network on (07) 3720 5700 or email@example.com